Sample Social Media Posts
Make sure to follow Occidental College on Facebook (@Occidental), Twitter (@Occidental) and Instagram (@occidentalcollege). Use #DayForOxy to help spread the word! Below are some sample social posts you can use prior to and on the Day For Oxy.
Before Day For Oxy
- I'm counting down to #DayForOxy on April 20! Join me and the @occidental community in supporting today's students, faculty and staff: [Insert your personal Advocate link here]
During Day For Oxy
- [Tag Oxy friends] and I received an invaluable experience at Occidental College. Now it's time to give back and support today's students, faculty and staff. Join me by making a gift today on #DayForOxy! [Link to your personal Advocate page here]
- It's the Day For Oxy! My goal is to raise $X for Oxy, but I need YOUR help to get there. Make a lasting impact by making a gift to my personal goal: [Link to your personal Advocate page here]
- TODAY is the day! I need your help in supporting Oxy so they can continue to provide the transformative liberal arts experience to future generations of Tigers. I am advocating for the Day For Oxy because [insert personal story about the impact Oxy has had on your life]. Please consider making a gift to my personal goal here: [Link to your personal Advocate page]. Your gift will make an impact on the lives of Oxy students, faculty and staff.
To find this year's Day For Oxy Facebook frame, go to facebook.com/profilepicframes. Search "Day For Oxy" to find the frame. Then click "Change Picture" on the top right of your profile picture.
- It's #DayForOxy and it's our chance to support the next generation of @occidental students. Givingday.oxy.edu
- This #DayForOxy, I'm showing my support to @occidental students, faculty and staff during one of the most challenging times in Oxy's 134-year history. Join me at givingday.oxy.edu.
- [Post photo from your time at Oxy] Being at @occidentalcollege taught me invaluable lessons and introduced me to lifelong friends. Current Oxy students have had an incredibly challenging year and are now looking ahead to a return to campus. Let's support them today on #DayForOxy. Please consider making a gift at the link in my bio.
Tips & Ideas
Always include the link to your personal Advocate page during your outreach. You can insert it in your Instagram bio and direct messages, Facebook and Linkedin posts, text messages and emails.
Use social media to tag your donors in a thank you post. They'll appreciate the recognition (unless they're anonymous!) and it will encourage others to join them in giving to your page.
Use #DayForOxy to help spread the word!
Utilize these Day For Oxy downloadable graphics to make your posts stand out on social media.