Sample Social Media Posts
Make sure to follow Occidental College on Facebook (@Occidental), Twitter (@Occidental) and Instagram (@occidentalcollege). Use #DayForOxy to help spread the word! Below are some sample social posts you can use prior to and on the Day For Oxy.
Before Day For Oxy
- Join me on April 20 for the 4th annual #DayForOxy! Let’s support the Tigers of today and strengthen the @occidental of tomorrow. [Insert your personal Advocate page link here].
During Day For Oxy
- It’s the #DayForOxy! I’m supporting the @occidental students of today and tomorrow. Join me at [Insert your personal Advocate page link here]. Together, we can make a lasting impact.
- Today's the day! Join me and be one of the 1,987 @occidental Tigers to reach the #DayForOxy goal and help today’s students thrive. Make an impact at [Insert your personal Advocate page link here].
- On this #DayForOxy, my goal is to raise $[Insert Your Goal] in support of [Insert Your Preferred Area of Support]. Join me in supporting @occidental today at [Insert your personal Advocate page link here].
- [Tag Oxy friends] and I made wonderful memories at Oxy and accomplished amazing things because of our Oxy experiences. Now it’s time to give back! Join me in being one of the 1,987 Tigers to support the 1,987 students on campus today. Let's show current students that our Tiger community is there for them. [Insert link to your personal Advocate page here].
- It’s the #DayForOxy and it’s our chance to support the next generation of @occidental Tigers. Join me at [Insert link to your personal Advocate page here].
- [Post photo from your time at Oxy] At @occidentalcollege, I learned invaluable lessons and made lifelong friends. Let’s help today’s students reach their fullest potential. Make a #DayForOxy gift today at the link in my bio and be one of the 1,987 donors that helps us reach our goal!
Tips & Ideas
Always include the link to your personal Advocate page during your outreach. You can insert it in your Instagram bio and direct messages, Facebook and Linkedin posts, text messages and emails.
Use social media to tag your donors in a thank you post. They'll appreciate the recognition (unless they're anonymous!) and it will encourage others to join them in giving to your page.
Use #DayForOxy to help spread the word!
Utilize these Day For Oxy downloadable graphics to make your posts stand out on social media.